Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Thicker than pea soup fog...

So, as you may or may not know, I work on a special needs bus. Before you assume, I'm not the driver.  I'm the attendant, the aid.  A couple of days ago on the bus, it was so foggy. You could barely see anything.



Image result for pea soup

Fog always make me think of Pea Soup. Have you heard the saying it is thicker than pea soup out there? I could go off on such a tangent here. But I won't.
Back to our post...

As I rode along I said to the Lord, there has to be a lesson here or it is symbolic of something, what?   I looked inside the bus, my view was crisp, clear. But out the window I could barely see anything that we were passing.



We are in Tennessee and we were traveling down and up and round this way and that slicing through the fog quickly.  It reminded me of life.  Life has its up and downs.  It isn't always smooth sailing. It takes sudden turns. I have always wrestled with figuring it all out. I seem to have a hard time navigating life.  I could give you a myriad of reasons or excuses but lets not analyse it lets just say that is the way it is.  I do know I'm not alone.  Many people struggle in life.  For instance my Mom has dementia now and life is difficult to her, confusing even.  So the truth of the fog jumped out at me.  Negotiating life can be like moving through the fog. You can only see just a little in front of you.  It's a bit scary and it takes some faith to keep driving.  But I thought of how much easier it was for me to get through the fog now that I was out of my car and on my bus where my driver was driving. It felt safer.  I didn't have to make the decisions.  In fact, I was sitting in an environment where there was much clarity.


Image result for inside a short school bus  images

I could see clearly the part that I was responsible for.  I could see the kids, communicate with them, meet their needs, assist them.  I could do my job, my part.  I could rest, at ease as the driver dealt with the bigger picture.  Are you seeing where I'm going?  The driver represents the Lord.  Life is so much easier when we let Him drive our lives.  We can totally trust Him and rest at peace when we let Him direct our paths.  And we can see clearly what our part is and do it well when we rest in Him. We don't have to understand it ALL, the bigger picture.  He does.  And that's enough.

  Image result for in all your ways acknowledge him nkjv

In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.  Proverbs 3:6

Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; ‘Tis grace has brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home.  John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment