Saturday, January 18, 2014

Be Mindful

So teach us to number our days; that we may gain a heart of wisdom.  Psalms 90:12

We are "spending" our days, on what? Like currency we are "spending".  Will we go bankrupt? What exactly are we "spending" our days on? What elusive thing or person or position are we chasing? Are we seeking happiness in the wrong places? Approval of others?  What do we "spend our time on?   

I know some of those questions are redundant but that was me just letting my mind go and think and that came to me.  Here is some more....Are we purposeful in our "spending"? or haphazardly pulled by the next drama? the next emergency? the next loud voice demanding your time?

Can you go a single day media-naked? Can you eat a meal without being available to phone, text, tweet, insta-gram, etc? 

The urgent.  Is it really that urgent? And is your mind stuffed to the gills with trivialities? It was cute to know your friend's cousin's grandson got his first tooth. But do you really have space in your brain for all this?  I'm already distracted  enough I don't know about you but I need to pick and mindfully chose what goes in my brain.  I need a media detox time maybe even a few days.  

And yes, I realize the irony of you reading this on a media devise.  

Let's step back.  Let's pray and be led by the Holy Spirit.  Decide. Chose. Be mindful. Don't just flow with someone else's agenda. Stop and follow the plan, the agenda the Lord has for each of us. 

And just for the record this post is directed mostly at myself but I thought others could use it to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment