Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pastor and Bekki

Last Sunday at church my granddaughter Bekki saw Pastor Mike across the foyer.  She started pulling on my hand.  "I want to see Pastor Mike!", she cried.  She broke free calling out "Pastor Mike" running towards him.   He heard her and bent down to her level with arms wide open, a big smile across his face.  She ran into his arms and he gave her a big bear hug and started talking with her.  She twirled around and he commented on her pretty dress.  She than stuck out her pink high top converses.  When he liked those she started to dance.   Bekki and Pastor were having a fine time.  After a couple of minutes she ran back to me and was very happy.  


First, I love that we have a Pastor that takes time for even the least of our congregation.  As her grandma I left feeling blessed but later in the week I got to thinking.  Wasn't that a beautiful picture of Jesus?   Shepherd and a little sheep.  She knew him and wasn't afraid to run to him to give him a hug.   We should have that childlike trust that we can run into the Lord's presence to love on Him and to receive His love.  Children are fearless, aren't they?  Why aren't we when we come to talk with the Lord?   The way she twirled and danced was so sweet.  Little girls twirl for those they love.  In the book Captivating, author Stasi Eldridge says they are asking, "Do you see me?"  "Am I important?"    Pastor was symbolizing  the love, the acceptance that the Lord shows us.  Symbolizing we are important to God, He  sees us.  Pastor was in the middle of talking to a couple of grown ups.   But seeing a little one coming over he stopped a minute to talk with her on her level.  


The Lord is rather busy, I imagine.  But He always has time to talk with us.  He wants us to come to Him to share our joys and our sorrows and cares even just to check in to see if He still sees us.  This world can mess with our minds and sometimes we forget or we doubt that He see us and that He loves us.  


 We need to just remember Bekki's childlike faith and follow her example and run into the waiting arms of our savior.  Take a minute through out our  day to be childlike and to check in to say Hi, to say,  See me?  I see you!  





Matthew 19:14

New Living Translation (NLT)
14 But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”


No comments:

Post a Comment