Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Don't like Brussel Sprouts? I'll Eat Yours




Brussel Sprouts. Yum!  They are in season again.  I love them!  Especially fresh ones.  My daughter and one of my friends adore a beautiful tomato.  While I can embrace their yummy goodness when in season .My love meanders to the humble brussel sprout.  Yes, it looks like a little cabbage which would be good but it has it's own flavor.  So good!  And I'm sorry is anything in miniature not cute?  It isn't the center of the veggie universe.  It isn't in the spotlight.  It doesn't have to have center stage.  It is content shinning in its on little place on the corner of the plate.  Where it is loved by the few.  Deeply appreciated for it's unique flavor.
I sort of go their myself.  I have a lot to offer but I don't want center stage.  I want to have the stage of one person at a time.  Discussing the Lord and His amazing love one at a time.  Whether with my sweet husband or one of my daughters, my beautiful grand baby, another family member or one of my dear friends.  I like to savoir and share my heart on a very small stage.  I shine best in the sidelines.
Where do you shine?   Are you a center of attention type?  or a sideline type like me?  or maybe somewhere in between?  It really doesn't matter.  As long as you shine somewhere.  As long as you bring God;s love that He has given to you to your world:  at home, at work, at play, where ever you are. You just need to shine, to share your story, your light.  Let your uniqueness shine.  God made us all different to add flavor to this world to make it better.  So if you are a tomato vibrant and beautiful or a brussel sprout with a deepness of flavor whichever  just go out and add to this world.  Bring His aroma wherever you go.


2 Corinthians 2:14-15

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
 14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 15 For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;

No comments:

Post a Comment