Friday, March 14, 2014

Who Does God Say You Are?

If I ran up to you and asked "Who does God say you are?"   What would first come to mind?  Would you feel condemned?  or loved?  Would good things bubble up in your  mind or would your sins bubble up?  The Bible says:  What a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Prov. 23:7a)    A song churches sang back in the 90's said: Whose report do you believe?  I believe the report of the Lord!  

Do we know what God says about us?  Do we know His report about us?  Here are some of the things He says of us:  We are loved!  We are blessed!  We are saved (if you have asked Him to forgive you and be Lord of your life)!  We are his children!  We are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!  We are growing in Him!  We belong to Him!  We are free! We are beautiful!  We are called beloved!  We are joint heirs with Jesus!  We are overcomers!  We are mighty in Christ!  We are cherished!  We are called Beloved!  We new creatures in Christ! 

We are this and so much more.  And yet we don't walk in this.  We get our eyes on our own little world, our own physical sight not on the big picture. We need to see us through His eyes.  We don't KNOW who we are or who He is.   Let me encourage you today to open your eyes and look up.  Get to know God more through prayer and Bible study.  Then you can know who you are.  Google a search on Who I am in Christ.  And then meditate on these things.  Review, rehearse these truths until they get down inside of you.  And when the enemy of our souls whispers: you are a failure,  you are ugly, you are a loser, you are wrong, you are never going to change, you are always going to be poor,   you are fat, you are whatever sin you struggle with....etc, etc.  When this happens if you have studied and put deep in your heart the truth. Then the Word  inside you will rise up and Shout:  NO NO NO  I Am..... what God says I am.   I can do what God says I can!  Because I belong to Him!  I abide in Him and He abides in me and devil you can move on down the road.  I KNOW who I am.  I am BELOVED, FORGIVEN, HEALED, FREE, BEAUTIFUL, BECOMING, SANCTIFIED, RIGHTEOUS, PEACEFUL, BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE, 

No comments:

Post a Comment