Friday, July 25, 2014

My Auntie and God's love

I was talking with my Auntie tonight.  I just love her.  She is in her late 80's in age but spiritually and emotionally she is young at heart. She told me about how she was saved at 16 in First Assembly church here in Cookeville.  She said a Brother Scott preached about Noah.  It wasn't really a salvation message but she went down to the altar and accepted Jesus as her savior. This wasn't her home church.  I don't know why she was there.  But it was the beginning of her personal relationship with our Lord.  I had never heard this story before.


What I love about her is how she has such a common sense wisdom.  She continues to grow in her relationship with God, not standing still and growing stale.  She serves a living God who she speaks with daily.  So inspiring!  If I live to be her age I hope I can be like that.  A fresh knowledge of God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit daily.  A living relationship with a living God!!!
When we talk, heaven seems more real.  Life seems more vibrant, full of possibilities.  She makes me want to live better and shine brighter for Jesus.

Her and I are not perfect.  We have our issues, our short comings.  In fact, I have many.  But we belong to the King of the Universe and we hold His hand.  Something that is possible for anyone.  He loves us so and we are learning that more and more as we travel through this life, headed toward eternity with Him.

The question I would ask and the one I think she would ask if she could.  First do you know Him?  Are you saved as she was at 16?  If not... give your life to him and receive Him as savior.  He will never leave you or forsake you.  And if you are saved... do you really understand how much He loves you?  Are you living daily with the awareness of Him in your life?  If not, stop!  Start talking with Him every day, throughout your day.  This week the message keeps coming to me through different ways....a sermon, a song, a friend talking...."Him in me, I in Him".   That thought blows me away!  God, yes God in us, and us in Him.  Isn't that amazing?  He who started it all is aware of us and offering us a relationship with Him!!  Awesome, just awesome!

John 15:4

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I John 4:9-11  In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.  In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.




No comments:

Post a Comment