Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thoughts for a Thursday

Here are just some thoughts for a Thursday.



Psalms 18:16-24 The Message version

-But me he caught—reached all the way from                                                   sky to sea; he pulled me out
Of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos,
    the void in which I was drowning.
They hit me when I was down,
    but God stuck by me.
He stood me up on a wide-open field;
    I stood there saved—surprised to be loved!
20-24 God made my life complete
    when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together,
    he gave me a fresh start.
Now I’m alert to God’s ways;
    I don’t take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works;
    I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
    and I’m watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life
    when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.


This is from a song of David.  It's so timeless.  It fits David's life but to my delight it fits mine also. You might find it fits yours.  

 I really like the part...He pulled me out of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos, the void in which I was drowning. 

Doesn't that sound like the plans the devil has for us all?  

Hate. Chaos. Void

Yes, yes, that sounds like him.  

But God has pulled me out of these.  Or he is pulling me out of these.  What wonderful news!!!   He placed me on a flat, secure, safe field.  "I stood there saved-surprised to be loved"   If God's love, His rescuing, redeeming of you doesn't overwhelm you then are you really receiving all He has for you?  If what He does for you doesn't leave you surprised, amazed then I would say, look at yourself.  Have you really given your all to him?  Your whole life?  

The rest is beautiful.  I sometimes I forget but that is why I remind myself of His great love, of his great rescue of me.  I love that he rewrote the text of my life.  I was trying to write it myself and it wasn't pretty.  I try to remember so I won't take Him for granted.   This all reminds me of a song from the early 70's written by Gloria Gaither called Something Beautiful  Here it is from YouTube Sung by her hubby Bill:  



   










No comments:

Post a Comment